From: 4D_Tech <4d_tech-boun...@lists.4d.com> On Behalf Of Jody Bevan via 4D_Tech
Sent: Saturday, June 23, 2018 9:53 AM
To: 4D iNug Technical <4d_tech@lists.4d.com>
Cc: Jody Bevan <jody.be...@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: Creating Tables by running a method

Randy:

So I have got this done using all SQL. At the end it would create the indexes
for the first table I created, but then fail for al the next. Eventually I
figured out that the index name (behind the scenes) need to be unique within
the whole database. Therefore I just added a string of the table number into
the middle of the Index name. Tried it at front and that failed.

All these little gotchas. I really didn’t want to sit and read SQL books for a
week that may or may not explain these issues.

Thanks for your help - it is working!!

Pat:

I am using 16R6. I tried creating a trigger in the tables that I created using
SQL. I can go in and write code in the table triggers. They are saved. I didn’t
see if they actually ran though. Maybe 4D resolved this issue.

Thanks all

Now on to having the method write all our standard code around a table that our
shell has.

Jody Bevan
Developer

Argus Productions Inc. <https://www.facebook.com/ArgusProductions/>