Another solution is to use Citrix. A number of my customers work this way from
home, and run 4D client this way, day-in, day-out.

It does require you to set up a Citrix server and to buy Citrix licenses, so
this is maybe not what you are looking for.

Regards,

Rudy Mortier
Two Way Communications bvba