Hi Kirk,

Here is a method that isn't always pretty...

If it's a limited number of forms (like a standard Invoice or Quote)
you can have the 4D Server generate uniform PDF file that the client
can print. This is what we do where we have a mixed Mac/Windows
environment and we want all the printouts to be the same.

dave

On Thu, Jun 28, 2018 at 12:02 PM, rooftop99--- via 4D_Tech
<4d_tech@lists.4d.com> wrote:
> (All Windows OS, Server/Client, 4D v16R5, multiple laser printers)
>
> Hi All,
>
> We have a large 20+ year old 4D applications.  Some of our printers honor
> margin changes via SET PRINT OPTION, others do not.  It appears this command
> in 4D is meant for postscript printers.  Most of our printers are PCL (as far
> as I can determine).  All of this is causing havoc as some printers truncate
> columns and others do not.  Unfortunately we don’t have complete control over
> what printers are in our offices or even the print drivers they use.
>
> Anyone have a creative way to handle printing in such a mix-printer
> environment?  Thanks in advance for your help!
>
> Kirk

David Nasralla
Clean Air Engineering