Not working  :(
I can not entry a return into the text area.

I have this line of code in my form method:
utl_text_Text_Entry_Filter (->[Department]Address)

  //(m) utl_text_Text_Entry_Filter
  //$1 - pointer - to text entry area

C_POINTER($1;$Text_Area)
C_TEXT($Filter;$0)

$Text_Area:=$1
$Filter:="&"+Quote_Char+Char(13)
$Filter:=$Filter+Semi_Colon_Char+Text_Filter
$Filter:=$Filter+Semi_Colon_Char+(2*BackSlash_Char)+Quote_Char
$0:=$Filter
OBJECT SET FILTER(($Text_Area->;$Filter)

Text_Filter =
a-z;A-Z;0-9;_;-;:;`;.;&;^;%;@;(;);[;{;];};<;>;,;/;#;|;~;=;+;*;$;?;!;';_;.;,

- I can enter all of the characters listed in the text filter, except a
return
- There is no button tied to return
- I removed the original filter I had on the address field
- I removed the code behind the address field
- I cleared the key short cut (enter) for the accept button
- There is no object accepting return as a shortcut
- (debugging) after Object Set Filter, Object Get Filter returns a
filter which includes '\r'
- I placed the return at the front of the filter
- I placed the return at the end of the filter
- I added Char(10), just in case.
- The final filter looks correct in the debugger
  4Final_Filter : =
&"\r;\n;a-z;A-Z;0-9;_;-;:;`;.;&;^;%;@;(;);[;{;];};<;>;,;/;#;|;~;=;+;*;$;?;!;';_;.;,;\\"

Any Help
Thank
On Thu, 28 Jun 2018 13:26:58 -0400, Charles Miller wrote:
> There is by you have to create filter as a variable and use set filter
> command.
> $Filter_txt:="&"+*Char*(Double quote)+" -~;|"+*Char*(13)+*Char*(Double quote
> ))
>
> $Filter_txt:="&"+*Char*(Double quote)+*Char*(13)+"A-Z;a-z;0-9;
> ;.;,;(;);*;%;$;#;@;!;?;<;>;:;';-;+;_;=;^;[;];/;\\;|;{;};~;`"+*Char*(Double
> quote)
> object set filter
>
> Regards
>
> Chuck
>

> On Thu, Jun 28, 2018 at 1:06 PM Chip Scheide via 4D_Tech <
> 4d_tech@lists.4d.com> wrote:
>
>> Is there a way to allow the user to type a return character (char(13))
>> in a text area when there is an entry filter in place??
>>
>> I suppose another way of looking at this is:
>> Is there a way to include a return in an entry filter??
>>
>> ex: a company address, this is something that is highly likely to be
>> copy pasted from a web site or other external source. The copy paste
>> could easily include a lot of random (non-printable) characters which
>> Sanity-Check used to call 'gremlins'.
>> An entry filter stops the extraneous characters -- BUT -- it also
>> disallows the user from entering a return.
>>

>> Thanks
>> Chip
>> ---------------
>> Gas is for washing parts