John,
Lee is right. The cost isn't really an issue. It's that once you setup
stuff in 'your' account it's there. It can be moved but this could be
tedious. I'm a big fan of the separation of church and state so I prefer to
be able to let my client 'stuff' be separate from my personal 'stuff'.
That's the only real point here.

Don't let my clumsy comments about a small issue prevent you from delving
into a great tool.

On Fri, Jun 29, 2018 at 9:34 AM JOHN BAUGHMAN via 4D_Tech <
4d_tech@lists.4d.com> wrote:

> > On Jun 29, 2018, at 6:01 AM, Kirk Brooks via 4D_Tech <
> 4d_tech@lists.4d.com> wrote:
> >
> >  although you only ever get one year free.
>

> I was thinking that if I use my personal account or create a new account
> in my company name and use it for development, I could then for deployment
> create a new account for the client in their name. Would not the new
> account be eligible for a free year. Is that not the case? How are the 2
> accounts linked?
>
> I guess the development side should be pretty quick and leave at least 11
> months free for the client. Taking your advice and assuming the second
> account would not get a free year, then I should create a new account for
> the client with their credit card from the get go.
>
> John

Kirk Brooks
San Francisco, CA

*We go vote - they go home*