I have had little success attempting to code sign a C/S built app.

This issue has always been a problem, but one way or another, I have found a
method to get it to work.

Previously, I had a v13 DB working in Mountain Lion.  I signed the application
with a Self Signed Cert.  Presently, trying to do the same with the same
database upgraded to v14 installing in a Yosemite environment.

I have read quite a number of posts on the iNug and elsewhere.  I am aware of
how the process is failing, but can't seem to understand why.

First, let me say that failure equates to first having success with the code
signing, but upon first launch of the application, something is written to the
4DC and 4DIndy files.  Subsequently, checking codesign in Terminal no longer
reports success.  In addition to those file modifications, codesign also
reports that

a sealed resource is missing or invalid

My ultimate goal is to stop GateKeeper needing to ask each time the Server part
of the C/S app is loaded whether or not to accept incoming network connections.

I had thought the problem was due to the fact that Server could not locate the
data files and once specified, it would note the change, and then that would
break the code signing.

I resolved that by adding the <DataFilePath> XML key.  Now, it does not stop to
ask.  Yet it still breaks.

Given that I am familiar with having to accept the incoming network connection
once, I expect to see that on the first start.  After quitting the Server
application and attempting subsequent loads, it continues to ask.

The first thing that I am curious about is whether or not I can expect to do
this any longer with a self signed certificate.

Certainly, I can't be the only one installing a C/S built app on to a machine
with the Firewall Active.  It seems that 4D is going to continue to write
things somewhere in the package.  It doesn't seem to take much to make the code
sign break.  Just how does the initial code signing hold up?

FWIW, I attempted to code sign several ways.  First I get rid of the extended
attributes with xattr -cr, then I run the shell script from the 4D v14 app,
SignApp.sh, specifying the cert I created for code signing.  I check it once it
is completed and it shows success.  I have tried it with having the trust
settings set to System Defaults prior to the code signing and also set to
Always Trust prior to the code signing, as well as setting to Always Trust
after the fact.  Nothing has made a difference.

I do not use the built-in code signing feature in v14 build since I need to use
the self signed cert on the target machine.  Maybe this is the problem?

I am sure there are other details that I am leaving out that I can respond to
if asked.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
Eric Asadoorian