We are excited to announce the availability of Q2Pix 1.0b2, the second public
beta release of the modern successor to QPix.

Many thanks to our beta testers for their valuable reports and feedback.

Hoping you will like Q2Pix as much as we do, we look forward to hearing from
you.

Kind regards,

- Escape Tech

About Q2Pix
===========

Q2Pix is the first of a new generation of 4D Extensions. We no longer call them
"plug-ins" because they are more than that. The architecture of these new
products comprises 4D plug-ins, components, frameworks, open-source libraries;
they work with the latest 4D versions; they make extensive use of modern 4D
features such as subforms, objects and JSON.

Key features
============

- Full 32/64-bit, 4D v16/64 or later recommended.
- QuickTime-free.
- Exposes an object model.
- Document-based programming interface.
- A rich viewer widget with menubar, toolbar and sidebar written in pure 4D.
- Full support of XMP metadata.
- A generic XMP data editor written in pure 4D.
- Extensive PDF support.
- Extensive acquisition capabilities: TWAIN, ImageCapture, WIA.
- Batteries included: no third-party stuff to install.

Product page: <http://www.escapetech.eu/q/q2pix.html>
Beta download: <https://www.escapetech.eu/download/q/q2pix/Q2Pix_1.0b2.zip>

Beta 2 news
===========

Plug-in fixes:

* Plug-in area crash under v17 on macOS.
* Wrong path names of acquired images on Windows.
* Minor memory leaks.

New features:

* In auto-zoom mode the plug-in area can now stretch/enlarge the image.
* Scrollbars auto-hide as appropriate. This behavior and individual scrollbar
visibility can be controlled via the area properties.
* Added the following effect filters:
  + Brightness
  + Contrast (macOS only, atm)
  + GaussianBlur
  + Invert

In the components:

* ImgDlog_GetEffect presents an effect dialog with a preview and returns the
selected filter name and parameters.
* ImgArea_ApplyEffect presents an effect dialog and applies the selected filter
to image in the area (live preview).
* The Image Control widget supports the effect dialog via the ImgCmd_Effect
handler method. The default widget configuration includes this option under the
Image menu.
* Minor fixes.

Added to the docs:

* Raster Image Filters in the Programming guide.
* Raster Filter Reference in the Reference section.
* Various fixes.