Hope this is on topic...

During : (Form event=On Begin Drag Over) in the source list, I put the
information about the item being dragged on the Pasteboard
                LOAD RECORD([Item])
                C_OBJECT($obj)
                OB SET($obj;"$rec";Record number([Item]))
                OB SET($obj;"$proc";Current process)
                OB SET($obj;"$source";"LocEdit")
                $text:=JSON Stringify($obj)
                      // set your data type
                SET TEXT TO PASTEBOARD($text)

Later on in the destination process, mouse button just up from On Begin Drag
Over, the information was read back out...
        : (Form event=On Drop)
                      // check here to see if it's your data type on the
clipboard
                C_OBJECT($obj)
                $obj:=JSON Parse(Get text from pasteboard)
                $rec:=OB Get($obj;"$rec";Is longint)
                $proc:=OB Get($obj;"$proc";Is longint)
                $source:=OB Get($obj;"$source";Is text)

                If ($proc#Current process) & ($source="LocEdit")...

Keith - CDI