​Hello everyone,

I am working to upgrade our 4D system from v13.6 to v16r6 and I've gotten
to the point where it is up and running on 4D server.

First, on the server machine, I tried ​to connect with the 64 bit client
and I got the message *Server is using legacy network layer, which is not
compatible with 64-bit clients. *In the 4d docs for v16 it says *Any 4D
client application, 32-bit or 64-bit, OS X or Windows, can connect to a
64-bit version of 4D Server.*

So I installed the 32 bit client on the server machine and I was able to
connect to the server. I did get an error *The ordinal 746 could not be
located in the dynamic link library ASINTPPC.dll. *but the client did
connect and things seem to work normally. Anyone have an idea about how to
fix this error?

Using the 32 bit client from another machine I don't see the v16 server but
I do see the v13 server. How can I make the v16 server visible on the
network?

I'm thinking to try v16.3 but I have no idea how that affects things.

Any tips would really be appreciated!

Alan