Hi Jeff

I agree in normal circumstances the OPEN ADMINISTRATION WINDOW view is fine. It is in the case where something unexpected has gone wrong, although you might think you have covered every error scenario with an ON ERROR proc. With V16 if you don't use Interactive Services Detection then your 4D procedure running on the server will just abort quietly as soon as it tries to put up a dialog, or have I read the docs incorrectly.

If 4D Server would at least write the dialog message to the system event log then you would get a clue what was wrong.

Uist Macdonald