I have had to do this. I store a copy of the methods I need in a folder in the
Resources folder.

Only downside is that the code is outside of the structure so the maintenance
is a bit more effort. You could add a bit of code to the On Exit method on the
component that updates the copy of the method on disk from the method in 4D.
That helps to make maintenance a bit easier.

Dani