this plugin is still a work in progress (see TODO)

but IIIF seems to be the standard way to deploy an image server.

https://github.com/miyako/4d-plugin-iipsrv

c.f.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/International_Image_Interoperability_Framework

2018/09/05 8:11、Neal Schaefer via 4D_Tech
<4d_tech@lists.4d.com<mailto:4d_tech@lists.4d.com>>のメール:

We have an extensive 4D-based content management system we've been developing
for years, but we're hoping now to upgrade the image searching (similar images,
EXIF metadata tags...), display (grid-view options rather than row by row),
tagging (possibly batch adding and/or searching with EXIF metadata), and other
image management features in the system. User's expectations have been formed
by Google images and other modern cloud-based image search services, and we'd
like to build some similar features into our system for our own collection of
around 300k images if possible. I'm looking for recommendations on plugins,
example 4D databases, or other 3rd-party tools that we might use to add some of
these types of features to our system. Any recommendations would be greatly
appreciated!