Hello all,

I have hit the wall. v14.6, Mac and Windows. I created a Style Text variable, populate it and can display the same with formatting integrity intact upon a page change. In between the page change I decided to take the variable and try and place it on the Clipboard/Pasteboard using the snippets below. The number is the WIndows number for RTF. I have tried the variant with 4D signatures. When the text gets to the Pasteboard, it shows the tags. When I copy the styled text display area using the menu, the pasteboard has the styled text. Using GET PASTEBOARD DATA TYPE returns 5 array elements, 4 really as one is blank.

C_BLOB($textBlob)
CLEAR PASTEBOARD

 //APPEND DATA TO PASTEBOARD("com.4d.private.text.native";$textBlob;*)
 //APPEND DATA TO PASTEBOARD("com.4d.private.text.utf16";$textBlob;*)
 //APPEND DATA TO PASTEBOARD("com.4d.private.text.html";$textBlob;*)

TEXT TO BLOB($ptrText->;$textBlob;UTF8 text without length)
APPEND DATA TO PASTEBOARD("49336";$textBlob)
SET BLOB SIZE($textBlob;0)

I guess it come down to telling Windows or the Mac what type of data I am placing there.It seems that there is where I am having the problem of architecting the correct data for the pasteboard. There are no graphics in the text, just bold facing and underlining. I want to put the formatted text on the pasteboard, so the user can immediately paste into Word or Outlook. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Bill Swann