Thanks to John for adding writing to disk to Dani's test set. You make some
good points about documents in the modern world. You can probably append to
a document all day long and never see any change in speed. Years ago, the
legend was that you didn't have to buffer before calling *SEND PACKET* because
4D was doing it already. Meaning also that you had to close/open the
document it you were writing a log to track down crashes. No idea if this
is true now.

And, yeah, then you can *DOCUMENT TO TEXT* in one go, it that's what you're
after. But, and I don't know if this is just me or not, but I hate writing
scratch files. Just...don't like it. I can't back that up with any good
reasons, I just have a bit of an allergy to the file system. Permissions
issues, etc. Maybe I should rethink that. Another nice feature of files is
that you can use them in so many ways...they can then be read by another
program for dispatch, etc. So, hmm.