Hi Pat,
I'd suggest that you try using SMTP_Quicksend instead of the lower-level SMTP functions. Read up on SMTP_Quicksend and I think you'll find that you can do everything you need with that, and (in our pretty thorough testing) it sends emails that are accepted by Outlook, Yahoo, Gmail, Mail, and others.

Thanks for your reply.

We already have Write Pro letters going out using smtp_quicksend which are received correctly formatted as you note.

The issue is that smtp_quicksend does not allow for the sending of attachments hence the reason we are using smpt_body in some cases.