Rob,

If you want to create a multi-state button, which is what you are describing,
you simply create a PNG image with 4 states.  This is how we handle this in our
system...

The four states are:  Active, Pushed, Mouse Over,  & Disabled.

If you are looking to create a 24 pixel multi-state button, you then create a
PNG file that is 24 wide x 96 high.  From top to bottom each 24 pixels in
height accounts a state (Active, Pushed, Mouse-Over, Disabled).

We then use a 3D button to contain the image.

Hope that helps...

Steve

  Stephen J. Orth
  The Aquila Group, Inc.         Office:  (608) 834-9213
  P.O. Box 690                           Mobile:  (608) 347-6447
  Sun Prairie, WI 53590

  E-Mail:  s.o...@the-aquila-group.com