no -

the new record is a related record added via a double click on a
listbox.
The code being used has been in operation for years.
it works/worked else where.

I am working though trying to figure out what has happened.
4D is throwing an error about a duplicated (unique) value.

after checking the structure (to be sure there was not a field
accidentally set to unique that shouldd not have been). I confirmed
there are 2 unique fields in the table.
- Record_ID the table's relational key (longint, indexed, unique,
mandatory)
- Journal_Key UUID, auto generated, unique, primary key, text

I verified the record_ID field is NOT duplicated.
I copied the UUID from the new record in the debugger,
searched the table's journal_key for the UUID just copied from the
debugger
-- it exists! --
with a different Record ID and different record data.

In addition, the new record is not saved (4D error) and even if it had
been saved it would NOT be visible to another process, as the new
record is being created inside a transaction (which is currently open).

Chip

On Mon, 29 Oct 2018 13:57:16 -0500, Stephen J. Orth wrote:
> Chip,
>
> Did you duplicate a record?
>

> Steve

>   Stephen J. Orth
>   The Aquila Group, Inc.         Office:  (608) 834-9213
>   P.O. Box 690                           Mobile:  (608) 347-6447
>   Sun Prairie, WI 53590
>
>   E-Mail:  s.o...@the-aquila-group.com

Gas is for washing parts
Alcohol is for drinkin'