If bitbucket works like a usual git server (I don't have experiences with it),
you have to *clone* your repository (the remote one at github or the local
repo) to bitbucket. The repository contains the whole history of all commits.
You don't lose anything. Subsequent sync operations such as push and pull
synchronizes the repositories, again with all commits.

Regards
Lutz