Hello,

I don't have a direct answer to you question concerning Web Area and Windows 7,
but I can share some information that may or may not be relevant;

could it be a path issue?

the URL representation of a local file path on Windows is a bit strange:

something like

file:///C:/MyFolder/My%20File.html

for

C:\MyFolder\My File.html

as opposed to

file:///MyFolder/My%20File.html

for

Macintosh HD:MyFolder:My File.html

on Mac.

also you didn't mention the 4D version,
but v12 was always stuck with a particular system rendering engine
regardless of the Internet Explorer version installed locally.

since v13 the "system" web area evolves with system update (I think).

also, since v13 you have the option to use WebKit (or CEF since v17 64-bit)
but the Windows open source edition of WebKit has much limited features
compared to Mac.

open "caniuse" with your web area if you are not sure if video is supported.
https://github.com/miyako/4d-utility-compare-webarea-features

so,

check your path (easy way is to drag and drop the file on to a web area and
inspect the URL variable),
check your 4D version,
check you web area type,
check web area features using an online service like "caniuse".