Peter,
That's doable.
I haven't played with form objects at that level for some time. I'd use a
picture for the background or boundary object. The On Mouse Down event
let's you trap a click on the picture. You could also trap the On Mouse Up
event to get the delta between where the click started and ended - ie the
resize or move dims. With the same strategy you can let the user move
objects around. Finally you can loop through them, assuming we're not
talking about hundreds of them, to determine which are within the boundary
of the background picture.

On Fri, Nov 9, 2018 at 6:36 AM Peter Mew via 4D_Tech <4d_tech@lists.4d.com>
wrote:

> Hi
> My Prevoius post wasnt very clear.
> Im asking that the user can select an object or objects, by clicking on an
> object, say a rectangle, and draging it to change its size, for example.
> or the user can add multiple objects, by surrounding them with a box, to an
> array of object names.
> thanks
> -pm

Kirk Brooks