never tried to implement this...
you would probably have to :
use On Mouse down, and on mouse up, to get the coords of the dragged
over area.
then estimate/calculate how many lines were to be selected based on row
height.
Then use the listbox command to highlight those rows.

I might note that for any interface I have used where you can drag
select, the software allows the drag 'drawing' of a selection 'square',
which 4D list boxes do not natively support.

I have not used it so I od not know how much work [probably a LOT]
would be involved, but maybe rather then a list box, you might want to
try SVG if you *must* implement a drag select interface.

Chip

On Fri, 9 Nov 2018 17:58:50 +0000 (UTC), vagelis fallias wrote:

> To clarify, I want to have the same behaviour as most lists have,
> click, drag the mouse pointer down and select the rows as you go past
> them. The same result as Shift and Click but by dragging.
> Thanks    Στις Παρασκευή, 9 Νοεμβρίου 2018, 10:10:02 π.μ. GMT-5, ο
> χρήστης Chip Scheide <4d_o...@pghrepository.org> έγραψε:
>
>  Click on one line/row.
> Then (platform dependent)
> - Shift click on the end of the selection you desire for a contiguous
> selection
> - Command (Mac), or Control (windows) click on discontiguous rows.
>
> Note:
> Option/Alt click on a previously selected row and drag to move/drag
> multiple rows from a listbox to other object.
> Chip
>

> On Fri, 9 Nov 2018 13:54:31 +0000 (UTC), vagelis fallias via 4D_Tech
> wrote:
>> Hello all,
>> how do I make a multiple selection in a listbox using the mouse?
>> Using Click and drag, is there a setting I m missing? or it doesn't
>> do it?
>>
>> Thanks
>> 4D Internet Users Group (4D iNUG)
>> Archive:  http://lists.4d.com/archives.html