On Nov 26, 2018, at 3:06 AM, Allan Udy wrote:

> Has anyone else seen 4D Server spontaneously 'dropping' 4D Client
> connections, and automatically setting the 'Reject New Connections'
> option in the server Administration window?
>
> We've seen this with both v16 and v17. Usually when the DBA goes to
> 'Accept New Connections' in the server admin window, the server app
> (compiled and merged) will throw up its arms in horror and crash -  "4D
> Server has stopped working.  Windows can check online for a solution......"
>
> We'd really like to be able to solve this problem....

I’ve seen this happen 1 time on a v17.0 HF1 4D Server application that has been
running for several months now. One day I got a call from the client that
people could no longer connect to 4D Server. Existing users were fine, just
nobody new could connect. I checked the server and found the button had changed
from “Reject New Connections” to “Accept New Connections”. Nobody clicked the
button.

I clicked the button to switch it back to allow connections, but it did
nothing. I tried to quit 4D Server and do a restart and it would no quit. I
finally had to End Task to restart 4D Server. Then users were able to connect
again.

So yes, this is a real issue and not just a fluke you are experiencing.

I am assuming you are using the new network layer, right? My application is and
I’m guessing it’s another bug/issue related to this.

Tim

Tim Nevels
Innovative Solutions
785-749-3444