We have a user trying to run our 4D compiled application on a new Windows 10
computer they just purchased. We've never had a problem with anyone running our
software on Windows 10 before.

When they try to start up the application by double click the compiled .exe
file the wheel next to the cursor briefly spins but then it stops and nothing
happens. Below is a crash report they've sent.

Exception caught: EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION
Time: 2018-11-28T09:44:18

xercesc_3_1::DOMImplementationRegistry::getDOMImplementation
xercesc_3_1::DOMImplementationRegistry::getDOMImplementation
<couldn't map PC to fn name>
<couldn't map PC to fn name>
<couldn't map PC to fn name>
<couldn't map PC to fn name>
<couldn't map PC to fn name>
<couldn't map PC to fn name>
<couldn't map PC to fn name>
BaseThreadInitThunk

ADDITIONAL BACKGROUND

Our application is a standalone application which uses 4D's Web Server which
starts automatically when you start our application. The user having the
difficulty is in Denmark. They have tried a copy of our application based on 4D
v14 and 4D v16. They have successfully run our application on Windows 10 before
on other computers.

Does anyone have any ideas what might be causing this behavior?

Thanks,

Mike McCall
Facilitate.com