Hi Everyone,

I've recently discovered in my v16 (Windows) database a few rogue records
that contain PICT images in picture fields.  These, of course, do not
display in 64 bit 4D, so I need to convert them.

When I run this:

ARRAY TEXT($aPicCodecList;0)
ARRAY TEXT($aPicCodecNames;0)
PICTURE CODEC LIST($aPicCodecList;$aPicCodecNames)

I see that .jpg is included in the codec list (along iwth png, bmp, gif,
and others) - but notably, .pict is not there.  Also, if I run

PICTURE CODEC LIST($aPicCodecList;$aPicCodecNames;*)

to see what codecs can be read, .pict isn't listed, either.  I'm not
surprised, this is a Windows 10 machine.

When I run:

ARRAY TEXT($aCodecs;0)
GET PICTURE FORMATS([TextTable]PictureData;$aCodecs)  //` $aCodecs has 1
element which is .pict

CONVERT PICTURE([TextTable]PictureData;".png")
SAVE RECORD([TextTable])

ARRAY TEXT($aCodecs;0)
GET PICTURE FORMATS([TextTable]PictureData;$aCodecs)  //` $aCodecs has 1
element which is .pict - so nothing happened!

So nothing is being converted; I start with pict and I end up with pict.
Maybe this is because I don't have the pict codec on my machine?  (Where
would I get a pict codec?)  Or could there be another reason?  Thoughts?

Thanks for any advice -

Bob Miller
Chomerics, a division of Parker Hannifin Corporation

llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll
"PLEASE NOTE: The preceding information may be confidential or privileged. It
only should be used or disseminated for the purpose of conducting business with
Parker. If you are not an intended recipient, please notify the sender by
replying to this message and then delete the information from your system.
Thank you for your cooperation."