Hi Lutz,

I also need support for Release Management, so I need a way to track version
numbers.

In the past I have initially written a major version number to a List object in
the structure file, then incremented a minor version number every time I run
Compile & Build, creating a file copy of the .4DB and .4DC file with the
version number appended to the filename. Then I can deploy those structures to
QA, UAT, Production environments and know positively what code is where. That
allowed Method_History to track all edits by developer, version number and date
time while it also created an archive of all versions of the structure.

Does the VC software (Git, SVN, Mercurial) support that? I’ve just started to
work with Mercurial and the terminology and process is a little overwhelming,
so I can’t tell how much I will need to change my workflow to move to an
external VC tool.

Thanks,

Tom