We've seen this error over the years, but not so much recently.   Now it
seems to be back.
This is using Windows 10 build 1803, Office Professional Plus build 1811 ,
4D v12.6, _and_ 4D v17hf3 (32 bit).

"The picture is too large and will be truncated"

Select a fairly large Range in Excel and Copy.  If 4D is running and not
minimized, you may get the message.
Super annoying to accounting types who live in Excel.

It may depend on what is showing in 4D. An window with enterable objects, a
plug-in like AreaList, etc.
It's similar to the old hang when running a Remote Desktop session to a
server running 4D Server.  Killing the rdpclip.exe process fixed that.

Does anyone have any answers to prevent this?  Can we tell 4D to not try to
interpret the clipboard?
"On Deactivate 4D" set Focus to a non-enterable form object?

For what its worth, I did some tests with this code, based on the
documentation.
Copying a Sheet from Excel could produce a 100MB emf picture format, along
with UTF16 and native text.

ARRAY TEXT(4Dsignatures;0)
ARRAY TEXT(nativeTypes;0)
ARRAY TEXT(formatNames;0)

GET PASTEBOARD DATA TYPE(4Dsignatures;nativeTypes;formatNames)
$totalSize_r:=0
For ($i;1;Size of array(4Dsignatures))
  If (4Dsignatures{$i}#"")
    $size_r:=Pasteboard data size(4Dsignatures{$i})
    $totalSize_r:=$totalSize_r+$size_r
    $msg:=4Dsignatures{$i}+": "+String($size_r;"###,###,### bytes")
    ALERT($msg)
  End if
End for

ALERT("Total Size:  "+String($totalSize_r;"###,###,###"))

Thanks,

Jim