I see two options:

1. Submit a bug/feature request to 4D and hope they change it to return nothing
instead of "Undefined".

2. Replace all of your QUERY commands with a method that returns an empty
string.

I don't use 4D Write Pro, but I think automating the replacement in 4D Write
before conversion should not be too difficult. I also think it would be a win
over the way you are doing it because having the project method shows the
queries, tables, and fields in the design environment referencing. You lose
that visibility by embedding queries directly in 4D Write documents.

Maybe that does not work if you have end users writing their own queries for 4D
Write. That seems dangerous to me.

John DeSoi, Ph.D.