Mostly we do edi using a gateway. We have an edi machine that we place
documents in and the machine handles the send. We are doing this to SAP shops.
EDI is pretty complex so I might look at my solution it will then simply be
building a text document in a particular format

Not sure if that helps or not

Sent from my iPhone