Jeffrey Kain:

> On macOS - some of the windows in my application will close if I click on the
> close box while another application has the focus, but others don't.
>
> Does anyone know what the secret is for this? They all close fine if 4D is
> the frontmost application - even if other 4D windows are on top I can close
> non-focused window with a single click to the close box.

I read about a a "click through" property (a long time ago and not connected to
4D).
If that is not set, then the first click into a window brings it to the front
and the second click has the desired outcome.
If it is set, then one click does both.
Not sure if that was per window or per program or if 4D even supports it.
Maybe something to do with the window type (composite vs. non composite)?

Sorry, that may be not much help, but that´s all I remember.

Greetings from Germany,
Bernd Fröhlich