Tim,  thank you for that most informative post. It really helps. I will be
switching my client's 4D Server to a service later this evening for the first
time. After reading your post I feel far more confident going forward.

> On May 9, 2019, at 11:25 AM, Tim Nevels via 4D_Tech <4d_tech@lists.4d.com>
> wrote:
>
> When interact with desktop is working you will see a program in the Taskbar
> with a name like “Interactive Services”. It shows a small window with a
> button you can click. Click the button and the screen changes and you switch
> — to the "console user" I think it is called — and you will then see the 4D
> Server Administration window. Desktop disappears. Then everything looks and
> works just as expected. Error dialogs are displayed. You can edit Database
> Settings, backup settings, switch tabs in the Administration window, etc.

The client is running v16R6 on Windows Server 2008 R2. You pointed me in the
right direction and it appears in this configuration Interactive Services works
great. I suspect that the client will continue using Win Server 2008 until they
are forced to upgrade, but I will be moving them to v17 shortly. Hopefully
Interactive Services will continue to work with v17.

Thank s again,

John