From: 4D_Tech <4d_tech-boun...@lists.4d.com> On Behalf Of Jane Goguen via
4D_Tech
Sent: Friday, June 7, 2019 11:38 AM
To: 4d_tech@lists.4d.com
Cc: Jane Goguen <jane_gog...@neds.org>
Subject: issue with invisible button

Hi all,

Environment Mac client, 4D version 16.5 built client server and 4D standalone

I have an invisible button with Enter as a shortcut. If I disable the button
and even if I make it invisible and then Hit enter key, the button code does
not run (This is expected), but the validate code in the on validate event on
form method does run (This is NOT expected). What simply stupid thing am I
missing here.

This is Chuck M sending email from a client email as I have not access to email
from here

Regards

Chuck and Jane

addressed. If you have received this email message in error, please notify the
sender immediately by telephone or email and destroy the original message
without printing or making a copy.