> perhaps the reindexing of the 250k table has saturated the cache, leaving
> little space the smaller table.
>
> FLUSH CACHE (FLUSH BUFFERS) with the * could be used to purge objects from
> the cache, if that's the case.

        Miyako, I think you may have a point as the problem table appears to be
one of the last, if not the last.

        This is really only a problem when the reindex is automatically
generated on startup, more than likely after a unexpected shut down during the
clinic’s working hours, in which case how does one insert a FLUSH CACHE (FLUS
BUFFERS) into the process? It’s not a problem for me if I am forcing a reindex
after hours.

> also 15R4 improved the indexing process

        This is v16R4.

John