Jim Medlen writes:

> On Jul 24, 2019, at 13:28, Jim Medlen via 4D_Tech <4d_tech@lists.4d.com>
> wrote:
>

> I am trying to do a Query Selection By Formula that links two tables by the
> filed ItemNum
> with the condition that the value of a field in the first table does not
> equal a value in the second table.
>
> When I look at the ResultPlan there is a Join on the Price fields even when I
> used the # comparison.
>
> How do I define a comparison vs a join ?

I don’t have direct answer to your question, but I’ve frequently found it
helpful to write these kind of comparisons in SQL rather than trying to
understand what 4D may be thinking internally. It’s easier to be explicit in
SQL, at least in my experience. I’m not good enough at SQL to write something
off the top of my head, especially when I don’t have the data to test it on.

Sorry this isn’t much help.

Tom