Hi David,
If your database is going to be compiled all the components must be
compiled too. That's what the Compiler is complaining about.

Best option is to open the component and compile it yourself. Plus that
will get it up to date with the version you are using.

On Mon, Aug 26, 2019 at 1:22 PM David Rose via 4D_Tech <4d_tech@lists.4d.com>
wrote:

> I have a v17 interpreted database that includes an interpreted component
> (Miyako's Excel Component). The component has a number of methods that have
> $0 parameters. The component has a Compiler method in which all of the
> parameters are typed. The local variables in the host database to which the
> return values are assigned are all correctly typed.
>
> When I check syntax in the Compiler window of the host database, it
> produces the following errors in the host methods that call the component
> methods that return a value:
> The component 'Excel Library' must be compiled
> Invalid constant type: real
> Cannot make an assignment with those types
> Changing the type of the variable $MyVar from type real to type text
>
> (This problem also existed when the database was running in v12 and v15.)
>
> Any way to fix this? It doesn't interfere with the operation of the
> program - no errors occur when calling the component methods. It's just a
> nuisance to see these syntax errors in the Compiler screen.
>
> David Rose

Kirk Brooks
San Francisco, CA

What can be said, can be said clearly,
and what you can’t say, you should shut up about

*Wittgenstein and the Computer *