Van: Piotr Chabot Stadhouders <p.stadhoud...@timeff.com>
Verzonden: Thursday, 3 October 2019 09:52
Aan: 4D iNug Technical <4d_tech@lists.4d.com>
CC: Piotr Chabot Stadhouders <p.stadhoud...@timeff.com>
Onderwerp: Database … is write protected (AGAIN)

Hi,

4D v17R5 64-bit, Windows

We use a 4D Volume Desktop application in a Citrix environment It seems that in
64-bit there is no possibility to use a Virtual Store in Windows So, when
launching our app for the second time, we get the message “Database … is write
protected”
This is strange because we have set the option “"Do not display warning when
structure file is in read only"”
This has nothing to do with the datafile, because for this we already use the
“Default Data/Default.4DD” technique and this works fine

Because we don’t use the 4D datafile we have no problems for the structure file
and datafile to be in read only mode We are able to work with our application
in a normal way, except for the annoying message at startup.

Nowadays I think it is completely normal to start applications in a citrix
environment by different users in protected mode, so tips for using 4D server
is a no go

So, does anybody know what to do about this annoying message, or where it comes
from?

Thanks,
Piotr