Thank you Kirk and Miyako!  Excellent suggestions I will investigate.

Kirk, I am already using the "pop up menu” command in this particular listbox
to support various functions. (Super useful)   However, I was hoping to use the
“built-in”  Choice List because It has a nice little dropdown icon that sits at
the very right of the Cell, so it clearly indicates rows in this particular
column have a dropdown menu available.  Also, it is unobtrusive in that it
allows the user to type directly in the Cell and only activate the choices menu
when needed by clicking on the isolated indicator… I am not sure how to mimic
this functionality using “Pop up Menu” of other menu commands.  Are there any
“tricks” I am missing?

Thanks again for your help!
Kirk