Hi,

I have sporadic crashes on my 4D Server that I am trying to solve. But that is
not my issue today.

The server is set to 1) Integrate the log file if database incomplete and 2)
Restore from backup if the database is damaged.
Also the cache flush is set to 20 sec.

95% of the time this works the way it should. Re-start the computer, it
integrates the log and off we go.
If there is damage (I assume) 4D makes a copy of the database and timestamps it
and then backups and restores the log.

Well, yesterday while trying to automatically integrate the Log file it stops
and gave me the following message;

“Error when executing the method “MESS_COMMOM.automatic_font (runtime) at line
number 1
Log file cannot be integrated into database Pediatrics v7”

then

“An error occurred during the log file integration, it is recommended to
restore the last backup of this database in order to attempt the integration of
this log file”

But as you might expect, trying to restore with this log file results in the
exact same message.
So I am stuck losing all my data, since the last backup since the log file
couldn’t be integrated.

My question pertains to this case: Is it worth trying to open the timestamped
damaged database and repair it? Theoretically I would only lose data since the
last cache flush.

Thoughts? Experiences?

Recovering from 8 hours of lost data has not been fun.

Thanks as always,

Mitch