Chuck, I had forgotten that I needed to associate the 4D user (designer) to
a group that was allowed access to 4D Write Pro Component. (or 4D Write
Plugin, the license works for either one.) I did have the 4D Developer
Professional license installed, which includes a license for 4D Write
Pro/4D Write. However, it gave the license/privilege error until I
associated the Designer to the plugin via a "4D Write" User Group. This
wasn't necessary with earlier versions of 4D. My development structure did
not even have any User Groups, and only had a Designer and Administrator
user, because these were overwritten in Production from records in the
database.

Oops! I just now noticed that I hadn't clicked the "Send" button in gmail.
This email is now weeks old! :-/