Pat,

You mean something like: https://www.ilevelsoftware.co.uk/help/api/index.html

I have written a REST API for our main system and implemented it in a number of
others.  Fairly generic 4D code.  It needs a web server license.  By comparison
the RESTfull API. V18 looks pretty  good but each connection can use licenses
up.  For our use case the RESTfull API. V18 is a no go although I would agree
it looks pretty nice.

I would be happy to share my code and provide you some time to assist with
implementation if you contact me off list.

Other options are:
- A stack of SOAP functions.  This is so old school but our application still
supports over 40 SOAP functions.
- SQL 4D's SQL server is good although I have never used it in production.  Not
sure what the licensing is.

Regards,  Dougie

telekinetix Limited- J. Douglas Cryer
Phone : 01234 761759  Mobile : 07973 675 218
2nd Floor Broadway House, 4-6 The Broadway, Bedford MK40 2TE
Email : jdcr...@telekinetix.com  Web : http://www.telekinetix.com
<http://www.telekinetix.com/>