Is there any possibility that the new MAIL commands in version 18 will sort out
these shortcomings?

On 18/03/2020, 21:53, "4D_Tech on behalf of Herr Alexander Heintz via 4D_Tech"
<4d_tech-boun...@lists.4d.com on behalf of 4d_tech@lists.4d.com> wrote:

    Am 18.03.2020 um 22:43 schrieb David Rose via 4D_Tech
<4d_tech@lists.4d.com>:

    > How is this done in 4D in conjunction with the 4D SMTP commands?

    NOT
    AT
    ALL

    we apologize for the inconvenience…

    but in all seriousness:

    Everybody is currently switching to other system standards.
    Office 365 still supports imap/smtp with plain authentication, but that
will go away as well.
    We currently use office 365 vi Exchange Web Services, with MS OAuth2.
    It was a pain to implement…
    There is some good stuff from Keisuke concerning OAuth2, but a lot more
needs to be done in order to continue using IMAP.
    SMTP will live a little longer, IMAP will force you to switch from palin
authentication to bearer authentication where you send a token.
    It sadly requires interaction by the user from time to time, no idea if
Google has any system for Admin impersonation in place like MS Azure does.

    I might release component in the near future that does MS OAuth against
Azure.

    As for Google and others, I will have to find the time to get into that.

    Cheers
    Alex