This is for one you fellow old-time experts.

I have a new client, who is trying to convert from 6.0.6 to v17.  Yes, that's
right, 6.0.6.  Believe it or not, I did one from this old a version a year ago.

I've got an old machine to run it on.  I have the database structure and the
developer password.  However, I can't get into design mode.  I am logged in as
Designer.  There is an option on their menu that says User Mode.  However, when
I select it, the database quits.  If I do option-f, the database quits.  If I
do option-F4, the database quits.  I have managed to run a procedure and
interrupt it with option-click.  I get the dialog with Trace and Edit on it.
The buttons are enabled.  However, when I click either one, the database quits.

I thought it might be an authorization issue.  I have license codes from back
then, but I don’t see a place to enter them.  Also, I created a brand-new
database and it let me access design mode and see the structure.

I can't figure out why it won't let me into design mode.  Any ideas?

Thanks.

Randy Kaempen
Intellex Corporation