Ken,

> On Apr 24, 2020, at 6:41 PM, Kenneth Geiger via 4D_Tech
> <4d_tech@lists.4d.com> wrote:
>
> Yes, this is why I’m trying to get their 4D System to point where it will run
> on a version of 4D that is happy on Win10. The only reason I mentioned Win7
> is if the consensus were to be that moving from 4D v12 directly to 4D v15 is
> too big a step, I would move it through v14 on my Win7 development
> environment. So far, nobody has indicated that the jump from v12 to v15 would
> be a major issue. So, I’m planing to go v12 —> v15 —> v17.

Personally, I never thought much of v14.  It seemed bloated and unstable.  I
liked v13 and v15.  v15 also had both 32 and 64 bit versions.  That makes it
easy to use JPR’s tool to convert pictures in the 32 bit version and them test
them in the 64 bit version.

I would recommend v13 -> v15 -> v17.

Randy Kaempen
Intellex Corporation