17.4 on Mac. I think I've solved my issue. I wasn't using a long enough
delay. The delay is needed because I am using the Launch External Process
command immediately after creating the file, to open the file. These
system-level calls must be semi-asynchronous, because there NEEDS to be a
delay between them to allow the dialog to finish closing.

I increased my delay, and actually moved the command to my wrapper method
for Launch External Process, to ensure the dialog has a chance to close...

  // Method: SysDoc_SubLaunch