James,

I have 4D Developer Pro licenses for both macOS and Windows.  I run my Windows
10 environment as a virtual machine on my Macbook Pro using Parallels.  My
primary 4D development has been done for years on a Mac as I like the macOS
environment much better for many reasons.  You simply copy the standalone app
from the Mac to the PC and then using 4D Developer Pro, test it in the Windows
environment and once bug free, re-compile it using your 4D Developer Pro for
Windows license.

There are minor and generally well-documented differences when running a 4D app
between the two operating system environments.  As an example, I ported 4D v18
app from macOS Catalina to Windows 10 three weeks ago that reads and writes
directories.  I thought I'd taken care of the path delimiter differences
between Mac (colon) and PC (backslash), but it is currently aborting in testing
when trying to read a Windows directory.  It works flawlessly in macOS.  It is
probably a very simple fix, but fixing it right now is not at the top of my
priority list.

David Belote

On 6/28/20, 5:04 PM, "4D_Tech on behalf of Chuck Miller via 4D_Tech"