Everyone,

Many thanks for the answers and the tips, it was very helpful.

I followed up on all the tips and tricks

        • “./“ Yes and no
        • $MyShellScript.sh
                - hard coded in BBedit
                - created in 4D
                - chmod 755 $MyShellScript.sh
        • Prepare POSIX-Pathname with Escape-Routines from Chip (Thanks) and
Keisuke

        • shorten the depth of the path
                $FoDoPath:=System folder(Desktop)
                $FoDoPath:=Convert path system to POSIX($FoDoPath)
                $cmd:=$FoDoPath+"imagesnap -w 2.0”

What ever I tried it would not work when called via LEP but always works direct
in the terminal.

Since I use other terminal (UNIX) executable stored in the resource folder, I
guess there is something wrong with “imagesnap”.

Since Keisukes Cupturev2-Plugin does not work either on Catalina and 4Dv18, so
I have to cancel that security feature for the Mac-Version of the application.
This is the first time in 30 years that I have to do this for the Mac-side,
otherwise it always was the Windows-side with this kind of problems.

Now something almost unrelated.

If you guys ever need to get the public IP-Address here are some suggestions:

Mac & Windows (result will be returned into $StdOut)

$cmd:="curl ifconfig.me”
        OR
$cmd:="curl icanhazip.com”

Wndows ONLY

$cmd:="curl icanhazip.com | clip” // writes the result to the clipboard

Cheers
Jörg
New Forum: https://discuss.4D.com