Hi all,

I'm running a built application in 4D v18.4 with Mac and Windows
clients on a Mac server.
I have an odd situation. I run a custom users and groups which
switches the current user in the background to match the user that's
login in.

On the 4D Server Administration window on the users tab, I can see a
list of the 4D Users logged in. My problem is I have one user whose 4D
Username listed in the admin window does not match what I get when I
execute an ALERT(Current User) on his client machine. The client
machine is correct, but the 4D server is showing the Administrator
name. They don't match.

The reason I want the current user to be accurate is that I use (on
rare occasions) Tony Ringsmith's LogTools to find out who did a
modification on a record and I want the .journal file to be accurate.

So I have two questions:
1) Why would the 4D Server not match the Current User on the respective client
2) What gets recorded in the journal file?

Thanks!

dave
--
David Nasralla