Hi

Re the funding application we made, sad to say we didn't get it.  Huge
thanks to Doc and Hibby for co-writing it, I think it was a good
application put together in a very short period of time. The work done this
time round should be useful for future applications, so it's a good
foundation to build on.  We got some useful and constructive feedback, so
that'll help too.

There is more info, including the submission and feedback letter at
https://wiki.57north.org.uk/index.php/Funding_Applications

I plan to keep an eye out for other funding options for the space, but give
a shout out if you see anything interesting along these lines.

Cheers

Andy

On Tue, 17 Jul 2018 at 14:49, <dococa...@boukom.com> wrote:

> Regarding non-profit, I think our articles put us firmly in the category
> of a social enterprise, which is acceptable for application.
>
> If you want more info of the Air monitor project, it could help as it
> shows we have worked on projects with arts groups, local and international
> organisations, I'd be happy to help with this application also.
>
> I'll be down tonight also, it would be good to talk about it.
>
> Doc.
>
> On Tue, Jul 17, 2018 at 08:41:08AM +0100, Hibby wrote:
> > It's not yet been discussed, but it seems like it's worth doing!
> >
> > --
> >   Hibby
> >   d...@vehibberd.com
> >   MM3ZRZ
> >
> > On Sun, 15 Jul 2018, at 11:40 AM, Andy Gaskell wrote:
> > > Hiya :)
> > >
> > > Sorry, been a bit quiet last couple of weeks with work and holidays,
> > > looking forward to being back in the space next week,
> > >
> > > I was reading up on the Aberdeen council Creative funding awards
> > > 2018/19.  The blurb is online at
> > >
> https://www.aberdeencity.gov.uk/services/leisure-culture-and-sport/creative-funding-awards-201819
> > >
> > > It seems to have less strings attached than some previous council
> > > initiatives, which is good.  There are some possible issues with us
> > > perhaps not technically being a non-profit, but we can maybe explain
> > > our way round that.
> > >
> > > I'm happy doing the application paperwork on behalf of the hackspace.
> > > I've done a few of these funding applications before for various
> > > projects, so comfortable with the lingo and patter.  My feeling is
> > > that with a few £k we could do some cool stuff in terms of kit and
> > > outreach etc, also it'd be great for financial sustainability.
> > >
> > > Any thoughts, ideas or input?  I should be down the space Tuesday,
> > > happy to chat about it there too.
> > >
> > > Dates...
> > > - The deadline for all applications is 5pm on Friday 20 July 2018
> > > - Funding decision by 1 September 2018
> > >
> > > Sorry if this has been discussed in the space IRL or in IRC, if so,
> > > let me know what that chat was.
> > >
> > > My feeling is it's worth a punt, and we're a pretty good match for
> > > what the funding is aimed at.  With it being quite close to the
> > > deadline it'd probably need a bit of a JFDI approach.
> > >
> > > Cheers
> > > Andy

Andy Gaskell
Head Developer
Software Systems: Open For Business
Email: a...@ssofb.co.uk
Web: http://www.ssofb.co.uk
Mobile: 07745 924 449
Office: 01224 312857
Skype: andy_at_ssofb
LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/agaskell
Office: 40 Raeden Park Road, Aberdeen, AB15 5LQ.
Limited company: SC347800