http://apt.64studio.com/backports/pool/main/l/linux-2.6/

>> 64studio does not provide kernel-headers. Customers are not expected to
>> compile their own modules.
>
> ?? !!
>
> They've always been there in the past.  Why not now?

I'm rather new to 64studio and that was the explanation I got from
Daniel about missing headers on my Indamixx just recently.

It's not 100% correct: the kernel-headers are available for download
from http://apt.64studio.com but are not included in the dist file for
installation with apt-get.

> How would a customer compile an out-of-tree kernel module that they
> need? (E.g. I typically compile the line6usb driver.)  Before, they had
> to install the headers and then just build the app.  Now thay have to
> roll their own kernel?

Actually this might only be an issue with the Indamixx distro and not
64studio itself. Free or Daniel will know.

> <disclaimer>
> Forgive me if I've misunderstood something... because I currently have
> linux-headers-2.6.26-1-multimedia-686 installed -- so I'm not having any
> problems.  I just would hate to see the headers package dropped.
> </disclaimer>

FWIW, I did file a similar complaint when starting to develop for
Indamixx ;)

cheers,
robin