Thank you, Fabrice!

> the backoff window is selected randomly between 0 and 2^BE-1.

According to you, the term of "the backoff window" seems to be used as the
retransmission backoff or the retransmission backoff wait. If so, I was
confused by a sentence in the third paragraph of the section, "A successful
transmission in a shared link resets the backoff window to the minimum value."

What is "reset" or the minimum value...?

Perhaps, the backoff window there is meant (2^BE - 1) and its minimum value is
(2^macMinBe - 1).

> dedicated links > no collision / no backoff.
> You transmit it without delay
> (NB: you may have the first transmission during a shared link, and its
> retransmission in a dedicated one)

Yes, that how it works.

> If I understand correctly the standard, in that case, the dedicated link
> should not impact the BE value: the next packet will be picked in the queue,
> and transmitted with the same BE value as previously.

Hmm, what if that next packet is not acknowledged in the first attempt?

Will it use the *same* BE value in the following retransmission as perviously
or use macMinBe as described in the standard, which could be different from the
BE value used previously...?

> "NB is the number of times the CSMA-CA algorithm was required to back off
> while attempting the current transmission"

Aha, I see; then we need "NB=0" just after the "Retransmission?" box ;-)

> I have also the same doubts as you for the figure 6.6….

It'd be great if someone is woking on revising the figure... (>_<)

Best,
Yatch