On Wed, Jul 18, 2018 at 2:36 AM Tengfei Chang <tengfei.ch...@inria.fr>
wrote:

> Hi Malisa and Tero,
>
> Thanks for answering my question! It is clear to me!
>
> I don't fully understand. Do you mean in which case would a node send
>> another Join Request, if it has already completed the join process sometime
>> before and obtained the L2 encryption keys?
>>

> My question is exactly what you rephrased :-)

For example, if the node goes to sleep for some prolonged period of time
(think energy-harvesting nodes), or falls out of sync, and the L2 keys have
changed in the meantime. Node can detect this by not being able to
authenticate EBs.

Or also, in the draft, we mandate the node to do this if its short address
expired, before JRC was able to send a Parameter Update Request message
with the new address.